Business Partner Events
Ascentis - Payroll Tax Nexus 2021: Impacts on Organizations as a Result of Remote Work
When: February 25, 2021 at 12:00 pm
What: This session will explore the U.S. payroll tax impact to employers and employees in response to the increase in telework as a result of the COVID pandemic. Specific areas covered will include employer “nexus” with respect to withholding and reporting requirements related to those employees working remotely, potential state and local employment tax authority audit activity, strategies to consider in go-forward policy development and organizational hurdles in compliance as we move forward through 2021 and beyond.
What you will learn:
- Principles of multistate/nonresident taxation, including reporting and withholding nexus requirements
- State de minimis thresholds and compliance challenges
- Locality taxation and reporting
- Pre-COVID telecommuting regulations and treatment
- Current state treatment for employers with remote workers
- Future state payroll strategies, challenges and adaptations
TPSU - Rewarding Retirement: Focus on Fiduciary
When: March 30, 2021 at 8:30 am
What: Join TPSU for an exclusive 3 hour virtual fiduciary training program. Click here for more information and to register.
Ascentis - Wage & Hour Compliance in 2021
When: April 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm
What: This webinar concentrates on federal and state wage and hour requirements that must be followed in the payroll department. Areas of discussion include calculating overtime, travel time, minimum wage, posting requirements, meal and rest periods, how often an employee must be paid and by what method and paying terminated employees.
What you will learn:
- Gained knowledge of and skills in federal and applicable state wage and hour law as it pertains to payroll preparation
- An understanding of the proper calculation of gross and overtime pay
- A sound knowledge of the terminology used by the FLSA as it pertains to calculating overtime and hours worked
- Basic understanding what is considered hours worked and how to handle such working hours as travel pay and meeting times
- Gained knowledge of when an employee must be given a lunch and when an employer may dock for meal periods
- Knowledge of the requirements for paying employees including pay frequencies permitted and methods allowed under state laws